17 Jul 2020
- Summer Knitting
- Lakeside Yarn Crawl
- New Project Bags
As all regular knitters know, we keep on with our craft no matter what the season. The above photo is of Dannielle A.’s hands working away while out on her deck. A perfect way to enjoy the weather & your project.
Just a quick reminder here of our current hours. These will remain in place until such time as we are allowed to host classes and Sit & Knits. Everyone is missing their group knitting times! And we miss seeing all of you. Oh the fun & giggles we have. Hopefully soon. We will update you as soon as we hear anything.
Hours will be: Tues - Sat: 10am-3pm every day (no evenings)
New Store Protocols:
1) for the safety of all of our customers: do not visit the store if, you have a cough, fever, have been exposed to a COVID-19 patient, or have a person in your household who may have been exposed. Staff may ask you at the door.
2) The wearing of a mask is now mandatory. Our staff will be wearing masks while interacting with customers. Please come in supplied with your own mask.
3) there will be a limit of 3 customers in the store at any time. Please check before entering
4) social distancing (keeping 6ft from others) will be maintained in the store
5) upon entry you will be given hand sanitizer
6) please limit yarn handling to items that you are intending to purchase
7) payment will be limited to: Tap (Interac, Visa, M/C). Cash is not being accepted at this time
8) the washroom will be for staff use only. Please plan ahead & do not ask us. Thank you.
Please adhere to the above rules & regs as we do not wish to be fined (It’s $5000 !!) or shut down. Thank you so much for your consideration.
- no returns will be accepted (this may continue for some time)
- no one-on-one project help - we just can’t be that close, and handle someone else’s work for what it takes to assist you
Not everyone will be comfortable with in-store shopping and of course we will continue to offer Wool & Silk Co - Online Shopping
(Best method for ordering)
- curbside pickup
- pickup at my home
- telephone ordering (519) 925-6194
Lakeside Yarn Crawl
Lakeside Yarn Crawl 2020
It’s Here!! 10 fabulous paricipating stores. You can purchase in person or online. There is a special crawl shawl (with variations in each store), in house draws, grand prize draws. Lots to see. Can’t wait to have you in to check it out.
If you purchase a shawl kit we will send you the coupon code to receive the pattern free on Ravelry. This pattern is exclusive to the crawl until the beginning of September.
Debbie at the Loving Path has shipped us some spectacular yarn! It is on her polar fingering base which is a single ply merino. So luscious. Oh and the colours…..to die for. These are just the new shades. We currently have 14 colourways in stock. All are available on-line as well as in store. Stop by to check them out.
New Project Bags
Okay, all you sock knitters! This one is for you. A project bag big enough to hold a sock project & Kitchener Stitch instructions printed on the front.
How good does it get? And all that for just $15.00
The Slipped Rib Hat
This is the hat that is being created in the first photo of the newsletter. An easy slipped rib pattern using Vintage DK & mohair held together to create a fun & fluffy look. We have created several colour combinations that we think will make great looking hats. Pattern & pompoms are not currently included in the kits.
(Click on photo to go to kit page)
Return to News Items