11 Jun 2020
- Summer Days and Store Policies
- Feather Wrap (It’s really a poncho!)
- The Slipped Rib Hat
Summer Days and Store Policies
Summer is finally here and we are having the full gammut of weather. Sun, rain, wind. Hope you have been able to get in a bit of knitting between your gardening sessions. We have been open at the shop for about 3 weeks. It has been so wonderful seeing all of your familiar faces! We have restocked the shelves and there are lots of new spring yarns available.
(Please note that hours & days are reduced for now)
Hours will be: Tues - Sat: 10am-3pm every day (no evenings)
A few changes are coming starting this Friday (June 12th) as there is a regional Step 2 opening happening. Dufferin County has implemented additional regulations and we must comply.
Please read these rules carefully.
New Store Protocols:
1) for the safety of all of our customers: do not visit the store if, you have a cough, fever, have been exposed to a COVID-19 patient, or have a person in your household who may have been exposed. Staff may ask you at the door.
2) The wearing of a mask is now mandatory. Our staff will be wearing masks while interacting with customers. Please come in supplied with your own mask.
3) there will be a limit of 3 customers in the store at any time. Please check before entering
4) social distancing (keeping 6ft from others) will be maintained in the store
5) upon entry you will be given hand sanitizer
6) please limit yarn handling to items that you are intending to purchase
7) payment will be limited to: Tap (Interac, Visa, M/C). Cash is not being accepted at this time
8) the washroom will be for staff use only. Please plan ahead & do not ask us. Thank you.
Please adhere to the above rules & regs as we do not wish to be fined (It’s $5000 !!) or shut down. Thank you so much for your consideration.
- Sit & Knit’s, classes & trunk shows are not returning yet
- no returns will be accepted (this may continue for some time)
- no one-on-one project help - we just can’t be that close, and handle someone else’s work for what it takes to assist you
Not everyone will be comfortable with in-store shopping and of course we will continue to offer Wool & Silk Co - Online Shopping
(Best method for ordering)
- curbside pickup
- pickup at my home
- telephone ordering (519) 925-6194
Only 3 more days left for you to get the Hug Shot pattern (free with Kit purchase)
Cassapinka has put out the Hug Shot shawl as a sister shawl to the Breathe & Hope pattern. When you order a kit or purchase one in-store we will give you the code to your free pattern. This code must be used before 11:59pm on Sunday June 14th
Hurry up and make your selection. You don’t want to miss out ! (Click on photo to go to kit page)
Feather Wrap (It's really a poncho!)
A new Kit!
Just a few colours left! Light as a feather and perfect for spring. Super quick to knit. Easily completed in a few days. Only stocking stitch. Aine 100% silk, & Kid-Silk.
The Slipped Rib Hat
You may have noticed this super new hat pattern on Ravelry already. An easy slipped rib pattern using Vintage DK & mohair held together to create a fun & fluffy look. We have created several colour combinations that we think will make great looking hats. Pattern & pompoms are not currently included in the kits.
(Click on photo to go to kit page)