Newsletter February 1st, 2017
01 Feb 2017
- New Yarns
Wishing everyone a very Happy Valentines Day !!
Project of the Month:
Shades of Wicklow shawl
Are you wanting to feel warm? How about a cozy, squishy triangular scarf/shawl. Luscious is the word here!
Knitted with 3 colours of Ella Rae Cozy Alpaca Chunky (only 1 skein of each colour).
Pattern is $4.00CAD.
15% off all yarns required.
New Yarns in Store!!
Lots of great new yarns in shop!
- Unicorn tails by Madelinetosh
- 100% merino fingering yarn - oh the colours!
- Painted Desert - 100% wool (but you’ll never know it! )
- Lovely gradient colours. Free shawl pattern with yarn purchase
- Dromedary - gorgeous dk yarn with 30% baby camel, 70% extrafine merino
- Heunique - 50% wool, 50% acrylic - swirls of beautiful colour
Winter Classes are On!
- Classes MUST be registered and paid for by the Friday prior to the start date; (ie - if the class begins on Thursday 26th January, then payment must be made by Friday January 20th). Instructor will not be attending if no one is registered.
- Materials need to be obtained before class date. Please take the time to ensure that you have all required materials before attending the first class.
- Some classes require homework to be completed before the first class; this must be done by all participants
- all classes will be offered on Thursdays. There will be an afternoon session 2-3pm or 3-4pm and evenings 6:30pm or 7:30pm. Please check carefully for your time.
Feb 2 Learn to crochet - single class ($15)
Sock class 1(of 4)
- Deb’s super simple DK socks
- 4 part class ($45)
Feb 9 Tech Class: Buttonholes - single class ($15)
Feb 16 Tech Class: Increases - single class ($15)
Feb 23 Tech Class: Cast-ons - single class ($15)
Please refer to the website “Classes” section for specific times
KAL’s are knitting projects that we do together as a group. A dedicated instructor is available to assist you with your on-going KAL project.
- classes are free
- advance sign-up and materials purchase is required
- all materials and patterns for KALs are to be purchased through Wool & Silk Co. Instruction is on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday evening.
That Nice Stitch cowl
(Tues Feb 7 1-3pm OR Wed Feb 8 6:30-8:30pm)
A lovely cowl that we are knitting at a length to be doubled when worn. Worked using 1 ball of Riot DK on 4.0mm needles. Angled construction with a lovely stitch that enhances the long colour change of the yarn.
Santa Rosa Plum cardigan
- 2 part KAL
(Tues Feb 28 & Mar 28 1-3pm OR
Wed Feb 29 & Mar 29 6:30-8:30pm)
A beautiful light weight cardigan for spring. Knitted in 4 shades of Drops Baby Alpaca Silk. So soft, so light. Sizes range from extra small to medium require 2 balls of each colour, large to 2XL require 3 balls of each colour. Choose from one of our 5 selected groupings. Also requires 3.5mmx80cm circulars, and 3.5mm dpns. Pattern is $8.45 CAD (approx.)
Choose from the following Yarn groups:
- Nautical - White, lt blue, Red & Navy
- Earth - White, Cream, Yellow, Brown
- Grey - White, Lt Grey, Med Grey, Black
- Water - Pale Blue, Lt Blue, Sky, Navy
- Lilacs - Pink, Lilac, Lt Purple, Purple
A Sock & A Sock!
Jeck by Regina Satta – free pattern on Ravelry
Hearts Afire Socks by Babs Ausherman - free pattern available on Ravelry at:
Sit & Knit
Just a note to knitters/crocheters who are new to us. We have wonderful Sit & Knit groups on Wed 1-3pm & 6:30-8:30pm, Sat 1-3pm. Bring your project (or purchase some new yarn!) and work on it while enjoying friends, coffee and a nibble of something good! ($6.00 HST included)Return to News Items