Also starting on June 3rd is Wool & Silk Co.’s BINGO. Come in to the store and pick up your playing card (it is free). There are projects to do, donated items to make, WIP’s to finish, yarns to try. Working just like a regular Bingo you will complete lines and full cards. There will be a draw at the end for a grand prize.
- Time Period for Wool & Silk Co. BINGO shall be from June 1 to August 31, 2017
- Drawing for prizes will be held on Sept 6-17
- A bingo consists of one line completely filled either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally
- Pictures shall be submitted to prove the square filled. Pictures may be e-mailed to the store, brought in on your phone or tablet or printed and presented in person.
- Each project shall qualify for ONE square per card.
- For each line completed the customer will choose a ball/skein of yarn from the draw bin.
- It is understood that all yarns for all projects are to be purchased from Wool & Silk Co. (excluding the “Finish a WIP” square
2017 Lakeside Yarn Crawl
It is time for the 2017 Lakeside Yarn Crawl!
Beginning on Saturday June 3rd & finishing on Monday September 4th
11 beautiful yarn shops to enjoy on lovely drives through the countryside! (please check websites or call for hours of business)
Pick up your passport at the first shop you go to and try to visit as many shops as possible. Each shop will stamp your passport. There are draws, featured yarns & patterns and a Grand Prize drawing at the end of the crawl for the passports with the most stamps.
- The Purple Sock - Coldwater
- Purl 3 - Orillia
- Eliza’s Buttons & Yarn - Barrie
- True North Yarn Co. - Barrie
- Alliston Yarns - Alliston
- Creemore House of Stitches - Creemore
- Riverside Yarns - Owen Sound
- Docknits - Port Elgin
- The Wool & Silk Co. - Shelburne
- The Knitting Basket - Rosemont
- Purrsonally Yours Fabric & Wool Shop - Meaford
New yarns in Store!
Pittura by Louisa Harding
- 75% Wool, 25% Viscose
- 400m/437yds (Wow!!)
- light sport/fingering
- 6 gorgeous colours
Translate it into the Shimmer Shawl ! A free pattern that we will print with yarn purchase.
Diamond Luxury Impression
- A beautiful DK tweed yarn.
- 50% Wool
- 25% Alpaca
- 25% Rayon
Softness, warmth and beautiful drape. There is a project just waiting for it!
Summertime Shawl Kit
This Gift Pack contains the popular Summertime Shawl pattern, and three balls of Summertime yarn in an attractive clear plastic box. Knits up fast with 5.0mm needles. Suitable for a beginner who is familiar with simple increases and decreases or any knitter who wants to enjoy these gorgeous colours! Four different kits to choose from.
- 55% cotton, 45% acrylic
- dk weight
- beautiful bright spring colours
- colour change
- knits on 3.5-4.0 needle
Nuna Fina by Mirasol
- 40% merino, 40% silk, 20% bamboo sourced viscose (rayon)
- fingering weight
- we are carrying 5 rich colours
- perfect for that light summer cardigan
- knits on 2.75mm needle
Reinvent sock yarn by Ancient Arts
- 49% wool, 34% mohair, 11% nylon, 4% acrylic, 2% silk
- sock/fingering weight
- 6 exciting new colourways
- treat your feet to something luscious
- knits on 2.25mm needle
Cardiff Small by Diamond Luxury Collection
- 100% Cashmere
- 4 ply
- soft grey Piombo colourway
- 170m per ball
- knits on 2.25mm needle
Lace Merino by Ella Rae
- 100% superwash, extrafine, merino
- fingering/light sport
- 15 absolutely awesome colours!
- needle: 2.75-3.5mm